PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Payrise
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2019, 10:23
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cerbus

Yet by you you staying at EK you ARE approving of management actions towards its pilots. You are part of the problem.
I might be ignorant at times but to suggest this is happening worldwide is off base. Delta is demanding a 30% raise in their opener and this on top of their Industry leading pay rates to say nothing of their contract terms.
AA and QF will get nice raises too in the immediate future.
You are what you demand.
All well and good to say this BUT not everyone can work at Delta, AA or QF. My first choice was QF, I’d argue it’s the top of the pile in OZ and pretty much every pilot that starts out aims for the top. If I’d been offered a QF gig, I’d be there. But I wasn’t, so EK was the next best choice.

Its not realistic to expect everyone to walk away from a job like EK because ‘I should be working for a legacy, I deserve better’. Want we all want and what is available/given are two VERY different things.

Despite what you may think, EK is still attractive to many pilots around the world. Even with the lack of payrises, the money is still reasonable in comparison to what is on offer elsewhere. The trade off is obviously how hard we all work and the lack of normal employee protections most of us enjoy back home.

I’m not ‘pro EK management’ before you try and paint me with this brush. Just realistic. Plus this idea that we should all be working for the best and screw the rest, pisses me off. Everyone takes the best option available to them at the time.