PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC24
Thread: Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2019, 05:59
rcoight

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
<stuff>
Righto, mate. Again, no argument. A competent pilot with decent PC12 time or other jet time should be fine.

It is, however, a fact that one owner placed his -24 on the market after failing to pass the course twice and giving up, and at least a couple of other pilots have been told they are wasting their time and money and to come back when they have more experience that would help them through the course.
I'm not suggesting this is unique to the -24 or that the -24 is some sort of space shuttle. I'd bet that happens from time to time on pretty much anything that requires a type rating.
Your comment on the FAA check airman is pretty disrespectful. This gentleman has flown everything from piston airliners to wide-body jets and practically every type of biz-jet imaginable up to and including Gulfstreams in an extraordinary career the likes of which most of us could only dream of. If he tells me that in his opinion the PC-24 should not be considered an entry level jet I'll listen to him. Especially as he's the guy who decides whether or not to sign me off!
Cheers