PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 05:08
RL77CHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Outwest
Transport Canada Flight Test Guide: https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents...g/tp14728e.pdf

n. ​​​​​​maintain the desired heading within ±10° and the desired airspeed/V-speed within +10/-5 knots or the appropriate Vspeed range.

Hi Outwest,

The link to that that guide you posted was the first edition for TC in 2007. They were working off an edition dated from 2011 the last time I did a TC ride. The regs at that time required +/-10 degrees on any assigned heading during the departure. This applied to the assigned heading in your ATC clearance once the aircraft was up and flying.

For the initial part of the takeoff the tolerances were tighter though at +/-5 degrees. If you rotated from the center of the runway in 600 RVR or VFR conditions and immediately took up a heading 10 degrees off of the runway you’d be over the infield dodging taxiing aircraft before you hit VY.

It’s been a few years since I’ve done TC checkrides but I assure you the EASA checkrides and FAA checkrides that were done a few months ago were to +/- 5 degrees on the initial part of the departure.