PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2019, 23:54
rumline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been following this with an especially high degree of interest as an ex 139 driver (1400hrs), currently SPIFR on a VIP 76 C+ flying almost the exact mission profiles this machine does, in precisely the same part of the world with a remarkably similar client.
In fact, this bird passed by my condo along the coast on many occasions and we often found each other at the same FBO awaiting fuel.
Our missions include 'lunches in Bimini and dinners in Treasure Cay' on an infrequent basis, often returning to FLL at night...
This accident is particularly poignant.
When I first saw the wreckage underwater with the gear still extended and learned 12 hours had passed before anyone started taking notice, it made me question as to what kind of operation were they running that no one was looking for this bird before noon the next day?
Seemed to me, he was doing what he was paid to do....Nothing really out of the ordinary there, at least not for anyone with experience going off rigs at night...but I'll hold off further conjecture and wait till the autopsy of the pilot is known....