PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2019, 08:52
skyrangerpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by falcon900
Whilst it seems rather tangential to the current flow of the thread, I remain interested in the background to the fatal flight. The eyewitness report states that the aircraft ARRIVED about half an hour before it departed on the fatal flight. Do we know where from? Do we know why it took around 30 minutes to take off again? If it was a medical emergency involving the owners daughter, would we not expect it to take off immediately? Why was it heading to the US; the medical facilities in the Bahamas are doubtless less sophisticated at the high end, but their proximity would be a major advantage, and they would certainly be able to deal with "alcohol poisoning" ? Why so many friends on the aircraft: I know what young girls are like, but alcohol poisoning is not a spectator sport, and by the time her Father had become involved and had to send for his helicopter in the middle of the night, I would have expected a different and smaller passenger list.
Possibly all irrelevant to what happened, but until we know what transpired, maybe not.
i was wondering the same thing. A medical emergency does not normally require corralling an entourage, especially at 2 in the morning. Were they planning on returning?