PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VistaJet (VJT868) Causing Chaos in SEA!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2019, 18:47
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by misd-agin
How many VFR aircraft are typically in KSEA's visual traffic pattern? What size aircraft are they? I think the only significant U.S. airport that I've flown into that had aircraft in the VFR traffic pattern was at KSNA and their traffic pattern was on the south side of the airport away from airliner traffic.
I was talking in general and if crew was unfamiliar with the area and airspace then I would suggest planning for other, slower, VFR traffic being present is the only way to plan.

Ever been to Scottsdale (KSDL? Massive corporate jet airport where there are several flight schools located at the airfield, several airspace / airport boundaries close by and Sky Harbour class B airspace above. Add to that a mix of military fast jets and Apache helicopters in and around that area and you have a perfect example of an airport where keeping speed down on arrival / departure is a VERY good idea. Burbank is another one, Palm Springs, White Plains just to name a few that I've personally been to where you will have VFR traffic around. Always assume they are there, especially if departing VFR to pick up IFR clearance in the air.

CP