PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA PPL USA recommended flight schools?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2019, 12:16
pjharb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cavok_flyer
... because if you have a medical condition that comes up in the Class 1, but not in the 2, then you save yourself a lot of grief.
I'm going for the initial Class 1. There are a few things that I'm worried about:

1) I have intermittent exotropia (where one eye drifts off when I'm not concentrating, due to muscle imbalance behind the eyes). Had this since I was a very young child.
2) I had most of my Spleen removed back in 2007 when I was 13, so my blood isn't exactly normal. My platelet count as of my last test in 2012 was too high, and my IgG and IgM levels were off due to a toxoplasmosis infection.
3) My left ear drum is damaged after a random kid hit me on my ear in school for no reason.
4) I have had PVCs for the last 11 years, undiagnosed.
5) Myopia at -5.00 which is not far from the -6.00 limit.

Safe to say I need to do a Class 1. If I fail it, then I'll get a Class 2 and will at least know that I'm a non-starter. Doesn't mean I can't fly though.. just has to be less than 9 passenger seats :-).

Edit: Nope I need a Class 1 for a CPL and so I can only fly privately with a PPL with a Class 2.. yikes. Becoming a CFI is pretty much all I can do without a C1. Let's hope it goes well.. I'll update this thread afterwards. I'll probably do it sometime in August, because I need to have eye, hearing and blood tests at my opticians and GP so I can take all the results with me.

Last edited by pjharb; 11th Jul 2019 at 12:28.