PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian citizenship in canadian aviation
Old 10th Jul 2019, 16:53
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Futurepilot1991
THANK YOU for the answer , sorry 😁😁😁 i thought that a320/b737 are widebodies . So what do we call planes like BOMBARDIER and DASH , Q400 . And Let's reform the question : Will i fly directly a320 And b737 after joining these company or i Will spend another years in a planes like BOMBARDIER , DASH , Q400
First, there really isn’t a specific term for a transport category aircraft the size of a Q400. Technically, it would be narrow-body, but you’d get weird looks referring to it as such. Turbo-prop is about as tech-y as it gets.

Second, as far as what you’ll fly, it really comes down to who you apply to and what they need at the time. No one has a crystal ball. I’ll try and rephrase my previous post as I thought I was fairly clear.

Sunwing, Swoop, Air Transat, WestJet, and Air Canada do not fly turbo-props. So whatever aircraft you’re put on when joining these companies, they’re going to be at least narrow-body jets, maybe wide-body if that’s what’s AT or AC need for your class.

However, your experience (1,000 hrs) does not permit you to apply to one of these operators and realistically expect a response, so you’d be looking to Jazz, Porter, Encore and the like who do fly Q400’s or CRJ’s to build your time.

So yes, you’re likely going to spend some time in the seat of a Q400 or CRJ before getting to a narrow-body jet. It’s a big jump for many people from a Cessna to a Q400, never mind to a 737/A320.