PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2019, 15:06
Superterminal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Superterminal - I am guessing you have never had to deal with someone with alcohol poisoning or you might not be so cavalier with your attitude - if you have other people in your house, you are responsible for them whether you like it or not.

There is a very big difference between being drunk and being incapable due to alcohol poisoning - one can be fun but the other is easily avoided.

The problem is many people underestimate the effect of spirits and how your blood alcohol level can continue to rise to dangerous levels for a long while after you have stopped throwing it down your neck.

Some thread drift here - didn't mean my throwaway line about spring break to cause such offence.

212 man - good point.
No I've never had to deal with alcohol poisoning but that's irrelevant to my point. My point was in relation to you implying that it's his fault or he was in any way responsible for the others, when he had basically done everything money (and a lot of money) could do to get them to a hospital.

And FYI having lost 8 friends all 20 - 30 years old in the last 10 years to the various sports and hobbies I do I am the least "cavalier" person about.

Anyway irrelevant thread drift like you say.