PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2019, 09:18
Superterminal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Mike 33 No wealth envy just parenting! My youngest son is 21 and a rugby player at university - he can decide how much he drinks but we will always caution him about excess with alcohol, especially with spirits.

I'm not saying he has to follow them around but he should at least be aware what they are drinking - he was also responsible for the other girls whose parents would assume they were in a safe environment. You said they don't have fully developed decision making ability - which is further impaired by booze - it's just responsible parenting.
Completely disagree. They are all adults so fully capable of making their own decisions. The idea that he should be aware what they are drinking at 2am is ludicrous! How would he be unless he is awake and sneaking around checking up on them? Of course they are young adults and likely to over drink.. but you never did too? It is how we all learn.

Also dislike how you imply it is his responsibility that the other girls weren't in a "safe environment" Jees the amout of times me and my friends stumbled back into whoever's house at 4am completely wasted with no idea where anyone else was. Here you have a billionaire decide at 2am to dedicate a highly advanced helicoptor, from what sounds so far like a professional setup, with 2 instrument rated pilots solely to fly them to a hospital and to go with them too... How much more could he do?