PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian citizenship in canadian aviation
Old 10th Jul 2019, 07:41
Futurepilot1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by +TSRA
Well, first you'll have to make sure you understand your terms. Narrow body refers to the likes of an A320/B737 or any similar sized, single-aisle transport category aircraft. Widebody refers to the likes of a 767/A330 or similar size, multi-aisle transport category aircraft.

Sunwing and Swoop (I forgot about them in the previous post) are the only operators that currently fly only narrow-body aircraft, so that is where you would stay. Canadian JetLines may, or may not, be joining that list by December if you believe the hype...but that is the hype that's been brewing since I think 2013 without fact-checking, so I'll believe it when I see it.

WestJet has narrow and widebody aircraft, however, off-the-street (OTS) hires do not go to the widebody aircraft. That's going to the senior guys and it would be a while before you saw widebody. WestJet plays second fiddle to Air Canada, but I'd keep my eye on them, especially if it's a year or two before you'd be applying to a major airline. The buyout deal with Onex, if it goes through, could be a very good thing in the long run.

Air Canada and Transat have both narrow body and wide body, and both go to new hires depending on what the requirements are for the class. I know of people who started and they were all E190 pilots at AC and at AT I know of guys who went straight onto the A330. AC is in the process of buying AT. They've said the two airlines will be operated separately, in a similar way that Air France and KLM are operated, but winds change and there was a day Air Canada was flying the Canadian Goose on its tails (a different situation I know).
THANK YOU for the answer , sorry 😁😁😁 i thought that a320/b737 are widebodies . So what do we call planes like BOMBARDIER and DASH , Q400 . And Let's reform the question : Will i fly directly a320 And b737 after joining these company or i Will spend another years in a planes like BOMBARDIER , DASH , Q400