PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Payrise
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2019, 10:44
felixthecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 777-200LR
Let me quickly stop you there. Frontier airlines here in the U.S. didn't have a payrise since the 2005 bankruptcy. They only voted in a new contract 4 months ago...and that's with a union. Go read threads about Atlas Air; another U.S. outfit with a union and one of the lowest paid pilots in the Nation. They are currently in court regarding a new contract that was amenable back in 2016.

Air Canada has no step increases for the first 5 years for FOs, and the basic there is as good as the guys who ask you if you would like that meal large.
Let me quickly stop you there. ‘They voted in a new contract’ VOTED.....I see that going down well in the UAE with EK. ‘and that’s with a union’ ..... a union and rights, I can see a recurrent theme. They have the right to vote and they have a union, oh how I wish we had such a thing!

In EK you have no vote, you have no union, the only right you have is too, as we are often told ‘If you dont like it leave’. The airlines you quote are at home and your rights and options are far far in excess of anything you have in the UAE. You say they are in court disputing a contract, how many times have the terms and conditions been changed in EK with no right to the court and union option. You are comparing Apples to Pears