PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian citizenship in canadian aviation
Old 9th Jul 2019, 08:09
Futurepilot1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by +TSRA
As far as this question is concerned, it depends on the airline(s) you apply to and how quickly you build time.

If you've got 1000 hours now, you'll be looking to log about another 1500 or so before a respectable medium jet operator (Air Canada, WestJet, Sunwing, Transat) would seriously entertain your application. Air Canada has a program set up with their Express carriers for movement to Big Red that could get you in the door quicker. Jazz has the biggest part of that pie and that is likely your best bet in the short to medium term to build time and get to narrow body somewhat quickly. The ALPA teams at WestJet and Encore are trying to figure out how to bring a version of their One-List back into play and if that does come back, that could make for an attractive spot as it has the potential to carry seniority over, which the AC system does not. It wouldn't be anywhere near as quick as the AC system, but it has the potential of carrying seniority, which as you will learn is more important in the long run. Speaking French darned near makes your resume gold for Transat, and Sunwing is a great spot if you're single and able to go to Europe during the summer. Even if you're not single, I know people who've moved their families over during the summer and they live the renting lifestyle.

Either way, don't wait for something "better" to come along if you're applying to multiple places. Apply to where you want to work first and if you don't hear back, apply to the places you're willing to work at. The train could stop tomorrow and you want to make sure you've got a good seat when it does.
so you mean that by joining one of : AC,WESTJET,TRANSAT OR SUNWING i Will fly widebody jets(a320/b737) from Day one or i need to spend another couple of years in narrow body jet before moving to bigger one