PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Control In-Flight - Flight Crew training
Old 8th Jul 2019, 12:48
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meester proach
They’ve been banging the Upset recovery gong ever since AF. Every bloody sim now, boom, some crazy attitude.

this whole magenta line children thing is fairly bogus really. BA have taken and trained low hour cadets since the 60s and have they had any crashes attributable to it ?no.

And as for whoever is on about hand flying up to RVSM....yeah great idea....NOT. For a start my pet cat could follow the FD in what will be many staright lines - and don’t suggest raw data - it would be a bad call to try that in the busy TMAs we operate in, not to mention putting your often tired workmates workload through the roof.
You have to balance flying practice with operational safety/ common sense.

I do think every sim should have loss of airspeed and raw data ILS though .
I’m not saying you should fly with AP off until RVSM airspace, I’m just saying it’s legal to do so.
BA might not have a fatal accident yet due to poor flying skills may be cause we are lucky to fly very reliable aircraft. But would the crew be ready to cope with a serious failure in direct law? Flying the FD bar is easy but raw data is another skill you can not maintain if you only practice in the sim. I can tell easily who are the guys who fly raw data in line or not when I go to the sim: Simple the one who never practice in line are tense and inaccurate for most of them. How can someone expect to fly accurately by only praticsing twice a year in a box is beyond me. Oh and by the way, raw data in the sim is easier than the real plane. Just saying. xD

Last edited by pineteam; 8th Jul 2019 at 12:59.