PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Control In-Flight - Flight Crew training
Old 8th Jul 2019, 06:42
Bob Viking

Received 554 Likes on 152 Posts
Meester Proach

Parts of your post scare me to be honest. Have you ever heard the term ‘train hard, fight easy’?

Not practicing something because it is difficult is 180 out from my approach. It is PRECISELY the reason to practice it. As for your crew being tired, can you ever guarantee a real emergency will only ever happen when everyone is completely rested?

As for a TMA being busy, what difference does that make? Traffic or no traffic, the workload is the same.

I realise many of you could point out that my kind of flying is very different and I would agree with you to some extent. Our aircraft are not the same. However, before you rush to ignore my thoughts may I point out that I have flown my little fast jet into and out of San Fran International, Mcarran (night), Chicago Midtown (night) and several other busy international airports in North America, Europe and the Middle East.

That was in a jet with no autopilot, no FMS, nowhere to clip my approach plates (balancing them on my knee or flying one handed are the only options) and being single pilot. Remember, this is also without the benefit of two hours worth of extra fuel.

May I please ask another, unrelated, question of the assembled masses?

We have had discussion of many stall events in civil aviation (obviously AF447 being the main one).

Have any any of these LoC or stall events been computer driven? Or are they a problem of human creation?

I am still not not trying to be contentious despite how my questions may appear.

BV