PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2019, 15:09
SASless

Received 511 Likes on 213 Posts
I feel now that I don't know if I am safe now when I fly an airline because I don't if the guys in front will be able to really fly the aircraft if they have a major problem (we have seen that in many occasion....)

Sometimes it is a very simple problem and one that should not be difficult to handle that gets them.

Far too often the aircrew has a lot of help from the design engineers, tech writers, company management and certifying authorities when it comes to causing an accident.

In response to Crab....one Sim outfit I worked for....we did not "pass" folks unless they met our standards. I once failed the Chief Pilot of a major oil company....and got absolute support from my management.

The second Sim outfit I worked for....had a much different view of it. If you determined you would not be able to "pass" a Student....he got transferred to another instructor.

Later we had a several major operators lease time in the Sim and they did their own training and checking and we just ran the Sim for them.

Oddly....they. never failed anyone.