PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin flight diverts due to cabin fire
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2019, 10:23
Final 3 Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TURIN
That BBC report also has a quote from an adjacent passenger suggesting that it was the seat and not a charger or phone that started the fire.
Having said that, I've lost count of the number of phones/chargers etc I've been asked to recover from seats. Usually business/first class where the owner has no idea it was lost until they try to find it after landing.
I even found a large tablet that was jamming one seat. We were called to fix the seat, the tablet had been 'mislaid' on a previous flight and not been reported!

Mind how you go.
I could understand a passenger thinking it was the seat that caused the fire, if the powerpack fell inside it, was crushed and then set the seat alight.

Last year, I inadvertently dropped my smartphone into a lie flat bed on RJ, but aware of the potential outcome, reported it to the crew. It was a b*gger of a job opening the seat up to get it (I helped them, by holding back some parts as they worked. They wouldn't hear my apology for the inconvenience, though, as they were so relieved and pleased I'd got them in the loop ASAP, before anything happened.