PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Control In-Flight - Flight Crew training
Old 4th Jul 2019, 08:44
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Yes that's the trend. Many captains also engage the AP super early... I was shocked when I joined. But maybe they hand flew a lot before so you can almost forgive them But a kid fresh out of school, come on, he should enjoy it and hand fly while he can since he has no experience. Hand flying is not really encouraged. That's an issue. the Fear of the QAR or FDM whatever you want to call it is real but so ridiculous. To cock up you seriously need to deviate and it means the PM did not do his job... 80% of the accidents is due to a lack of monitoring. I very often fly raw data not only cause it's important to maintain my skills but because I love it. That freedom to hand fly is what makes me wake up with a smile in the morning before going to work. It makes me angry that so many people are so scared to fly because of QAR/FDM system... Just fly safely within the envelope is not rocket science unless you never practice. xD

Last edited by pineteam; 4th Jul 2019 at 09:02. Reason: added one sentence/typo