PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 2nd Nov 2003, 23:56
BeauMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just spent the best part of the last half hour reading through this thread, can't quite believe I've missed it. Some fabulous responses there, and a hearty round of applause to Airbedane for asking for, and most importantly listening to, the views of his customers. What a breath of fresh air!

Unfortunately I've not got a lot to add, as I've not visited Old Warden for may years. I did promise myself that I would do so at some point this summer, but it always seemed to pass me by. Perhaps that might indicate that local advertising (I'm only thirty miles up the road) hasn't been as extensive as maybe it could have been?

There have also been a couple of shows which did seem to clash with others in the area (Duxford / Little Gransden). Or maybe it's more cost effective for you to display your aircraft at OW and Duxford on the same day as opposed to seperate days?

On the Spitfire wingtip question, I've always had a particular soft spot for AR501 since I first saw her with the clipped wings, so my personal preference would be for the tips to come off. Although of course, if the cost involved would have a negative impact on the rest of the collection, I'd rather the money were used on something more important than wingtip aesthetics.

Just my 2p's worth. I really do promise I will visit soon.