PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any way to verfiy someone was "CAT D" on their upgrade?
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 03:40
corrigin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes some guys get screwed over by the system no doubt about it including a good friend of mine, but a lot fail because they weren’t prepared. Sitting in the RHS for 10 years is no guarantee you’ll breeze through the course. You have to actually do something.

End of story.......
I agree with ACMS. It's a command course, and the result is a privilege to be in charge of a widebody jet whence the doors are closed. Put in the hard yards now and reap the reward later. The internal politics is unfortunately unavoidable and none of us has control over it. Taking time to study when you could be enjoying a refreshing Pimms and Lemonade will pay off later on.

Originally Posted by Oasis
And also if you can avoid certain trainers/checkers along the way, even better.
That may well be the case for some candidates, however, from my personal experience, I came prepared, and those specific checkers didn't seem to be of bother; in fact, I found them wanting to impart further knowledge. It's all about attitude. Put in the work, never miss the opportunity to keep quiet when you want to say something that may be misconstrued as argumentative and stay focused on your goal.