PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City-3
Thread: London City-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2019, 19:09
WHBM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jdcg
It's a perfectly legitimate point of view that reflects fairly widespread opinion in East London. Why should he have to shut up just because we like planes?
It does not reflect "widespread opinion" at all. I live closer probably than BA318. None of any of the neighbours in our road have ever made the slightest comment about the airport whatsoever, apart from to me as a regular user saying how handy it must be, and are envious about not trekking down to Gatwick at holiday times, their only experience.

The described post-midnight Boy Racers along Royal Docks Road (the one visible from the airport departure lounge, across the dock) have had nothing done about them for years by either the police (London Mayor) or the local authority (Newham). If they can't be bothered about that noise then how can they represent any concern for aircraft noise.

I do seem to recall a report (Airport Consultative Committee ?) a short while ago that out of the several hundred noise complaints over the year, 50% were from one vexatious individual.

I think Motormouth lives in Twickenham, which is why it's inappropriate for him to invent same day opinions about those of us who actually live here.