PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai/Abu Dhabi vacancies
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2019, 12:14
Brazil in Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anthonsj
I have applied to DANS and was not successful. I believe what they are looking at is a combination of your years experience and where you have worked i.e. busy airport, with other things such as ojti endorsements as assets.

Thank you for the insight! I've wanted to apply for an ATC job in the UAE for the longest time, I was living there for the past 6 years, but they had already started the Emiratization and wouldn't hire expats without experience. I even talked to GAL ANS about taking their course, but the person I spoke to guaranteed I wouldn't be hired anyway. I never thought I'd be able to control again, and then recently an opportunity came up in Brazil so I jumped right on it and am here now. My ultimate goal is to come back to the UAE, but 90% os the airports here in Brazil are in the hands of the military, especially the busiest ones, so am not sure I'll be able to get the experience required anytime soon. There's a plan to hand Air Traffic Control to civilians, but that will take some time. And when I saw this position open with no experience nor English Level 4 as requirements, it was hard to believe it was correct, considering what has been requested for the past years. Guess it will take me longer than I thought, but I'll stay on that track and get the qualifications needed with time. ATC is my passion, it's one of the things I am naturally good at. Sadly it's really underappreciated in my country.