PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Disruptive Passenger
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2019, 23:09
capngrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lock 'Em Up!

Originally Posted by vancouv
Of course we can do without it for a few hours, but the people making big profits from it can't - that's the bottom line. If it was impossible to buy alcohol at an airport or on all flights people would still fly. But while it's there a small minority will continue to abuse it, and unfortunately this minority has a big effect on the rest of society, particularly in the confined area of a plane.
Vancouv;

I'm not singling out your post for criticism, because it succinctly outlines the problem; however, I am tired of the all too common attitude of many folks who do not hesitate to ban a legal activity, thus restricting one more freedom. It is much easier to ban an activity than it is to manage/regulate it, thus our 'rulers" (legislators etc.) often choose the easy way out with no consideration of individual freedoms. If any passenger willfully disregards the instruction of cabin crew, they should be dealt with firmly. I don't know about other areas, but here in the U.S.A., reports of unruly passengers being arrested for such an infraction are few and far between.

Cheers,
Grog