PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The process of surrendering a PPL for a LAPL(A)
Old 25th Jun 2019, 19:55
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
The relevant amendments to Part-FCL which will resolve the PPPL / LAPL situation will go to the EASA Committee at the EU Commission in Bruxelles on 26/27 Jun - i.e. this week - and a vote is expected!

These include:

The privileges of the holders of a PPL(A) are to act without remuneration as PIC or co-pilots of aeroplanes or TMGs engaged in non-commercial operations and to exercise all privileges of holders of an LAPL(A).”;
(A similar clause will apply to the PPL(H)).

Also:
FCL.040 Exercise of the privileges of licences
The exercise of the privileges granted by a licence shall be dependent upon the validity of the ratings contained therein, if applicable, and of the medical certificate as appropriate to the privileges exercised.
So I suggest that people should wait until after the vote before taking further action.

Some NAAs are very slow / stupid to update themselves about these changes and have to be told several times.... Even then they'll sulk and still try to do their own thing!

Whopity you really shouldn't be so critical of your erstwhile employer! I rang the UK CAA today on a matter connected with the forthcoming Part-FCL vote and they concurred with my point of view, which was the result of abysmal €urobabble in the wording of an amendment proposal, leading to ambiguity. I was advised that other NAAs had also been critical, so with any luck a tweak to the proposal will result.

Last edited by BEagle; 25th Jun 2019 at 20:05.