PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Disruptive Passenger
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2019, 17:32
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
several quite reasonable posts, from myself and @DaveReidUK (surely a very well respected PPRuNe poster) have been silently deleted here, by people who clearly aren't open to rational debate.
I am the moderator who deleted the referenced posts. I am generally opened to rational debates, though I am not open to rational debates on all topics. I ask myself: "Is this discussion (or thread drift) useful and contributing to the topic, or pilots in general?" And; "Could this discussion take aviation somewhere it will regret being, with no beneficial value along the way?". Then, I will consider the following:

The PPRuNe guidance material includes the following statement:

Final arbitration always rests with the moderator and administration team. This team also retains the right to remove any post, any thread and/or any member for any reason or no reason at all.
Then, I may delete posts which I feel do not contribute, or are otherwise unhelpful.

I am a pilot with a lot of understanding of the factors of cockpit door use, design and operation. I have participated in post 9/11 cockpit door design standard development. I know that the necessary security information is available to the appropriate aviation industry people of any nationality or ethnic group. I know that if a concern or defect is found or suspected, there is an appropriate private communication path for pilots and maintainers to advance it. I know that discussion about that is not necessary on a public forum.

The discussion of unruly passengers does have merit here. Some of the things which unruly passengers may do could cross into an area where public discussion is no longer beneficial, and that discussion will not be welcomed on this forum. Moderators (including me) will judge that with their best skill, and benefit to the PPRuNe audience, and we'll leave it at that.