PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wollongong name change
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2019, 07:34
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
[QUOTE=Sunfish;10500847]
this is preparing to close the airport and redevelop it. Wollongong is a city. Cities need airports. Shellharbour is just some address somewhere in the bush that nobody knows or could care about.

To put that another way “they’re closing Shellharbour! ..........wha???”

Ease up SunnyFish. I grew up in that little town of Shellharbour - back when Shellharbour was actually the little town of Shellharbour - before they decided to come up with "Shellharbour City" and call everything within 20 miles Shellharbour. Back in the early 80s it was a little town of about 1000 people surrounded by dairy farms and that mega great beach break called "The Farm." I would get on my treadly and ride the 8 or 9 miles to Albion Park on my mountain bike (which I still have) for my flying lessons with Ron and Shereen.

If growing up one street from the beach in a little town with 4 beaches, dairy farms and mountain views qualifies as - "Shellharbour is just some address somewhere in the bush that nobody knows or could care about." - well buggar me, how unlucky was I???? And if I knew how to put photos on here I would post one of the little town in the bush I took from the old R2160, NXY back when paddocks were paddocks and ethnic McMansions with concrete lawns were at Campbelltown.