PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK : Command Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2019, 10:46
Aiza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK : Command Upgrade

Good Afternoon,

I have read the past the threads of EK, sadly the current airline I work for doesn't treat their FO well. Sadly, it's become a race to the bottom.

I grew up reading pprune and before i took this flying career. My current airline has a AED 150 k bond.

I meet the minimum requirements of EK FO, probably have more hours too, never failed a lpc, opc, lc written test etc. No letters/verbals/ incident, etc from the company either.

My current company is luring the FO's that the command course is starting at 3000 hours.

Flying with so many dec's and upgraded Fo's, the captains here fly too stressed( New Fo's) , are paid less and do just so many engineering stuff for free. Well that's how low cos work.

I never felt myself wanting to be a narrow body captain or fly single aisle tubes.

I fly one now because i presumed they pay more but sadly they don't. Average FO salary here is 25000 AED or maybe 35000 AED if you have 3000 hours plus, all inclusive. Uniform, loss of license premium, bag, Emirates id, Security tag for Parking etc etc is paid from pocket.

All this ignoring flying with over controlling legendary veterans who Have their own personalized SOPs, micro -manage anything and everything, even the very little brightness knob of the FO SIDE PFD!!!!.

I wouldn't blame them too much either cause we have just too many trainees.

And its always the FO'S fault here.

Then There are those nice guys that i would hats off cause they are the best . That's an odd 10 percent of 250 line Captains here.

And then there are the company negatives .

I Still the pay the loan that my dad took for my training and I'm still in my early twenties.

Looking at Ek command minimum age is 30 and the odds of me being accepted and surviving till the end of my career in EK, is holding me back from submitting my application.

I'm from the sub -continent, made dubai my home ( Not) i have no home in my country either.

Ek looks like paradise to me from here. The 777/ 380s are too shiny. Come on, It HAS to be better than sharjah airlines.

I have spoken to a lot of people about this, my would be wifey is a bit worried too. She would as well bite me if i lose my current job.

I understand this a rumor network, but still, i wish to get advice from EK Pilots.

Should i apply? Would i be accepted? Is the wait to command worth it?. Is it better?.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your time.

Last edited by Aiza; 17th Jun 2019 at 23:29.