PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign 1st Class Medical
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2019, 08:57
  #4 (permalink)  

de minimus non curat lex
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: sunny troon
Posts: 1,420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With your Portugese medical, your EASA licence will be issued by the Portugese regulator, provided your training 'abroad' is recognised by Portugal.
If you wish your CPL/IR to be issued by another State, then you will need to transfer your medical records to that State.

The complication comes with BREXIT and just what the relationship will be with EASA.
You may decide to transfer to the UK in which case depending upon the politics unfolding between now and 31 October, the UK will either be OUT or remain in until December 2020. "OUT", and with medical transfer made, a UK CPL/IR will be issued which I suspect can be used to gain an EASA licence.

Your training provider will explain the advantages/disadvantages if they are worth their salt.
parkfell is offline