PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Concorde thread (Don't start a separate one!)
Old 1st Nov 2003, 00:56
bagpuss lives

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There were no signs of any work being carried out on 'AC as I left work a little while ago - indeed the aircraft was still parked nicely at the bottom of the cul-de-sac surrounded by amazed MAPLc employees and bollards

My understanding is that the aircraft will be towed along to reside on taxiway Bravo for the weekend (it may already be there as I type as I'm not sure how long apron control could do without stands 16 - 1).

After that 'AC will, it is rumoured, by moved into one of the hangars for what has officially been called "component recovery" and whilst it awaits the creation of its new home - a glass hangar construction connected to the Engine Test Bay.

It's been a great day today - but as I've said before - a sad one too. There will surely never be an aircraft again that will command such respect and awe - and one that can bring a major international airport to a complete and utter, silent standstill.

RIP Concorde.