PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't do it!!!
Thread: Don't do it!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2003, 00:11
duke of duchess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you go from a GA company to qf or other reasonable airline that puts you on a reduced training salary I think you will find that it is comparable to your last salary, and as soon as your training is over, you are on the good money,

Do VB pay you the full salary while you are doing your 737 endo? I didnt think they paid till you had finished, but alas i could be wrong, I thought it just cost you for the endorsement and if you stuffed up you were out, if they were paying you during that time and you failed, with the unfair dismisal laws we have they would be obliged to retrain you if you so requested, and lots more little tricks are in these laws.

i dont see how, it costs you the same if not more to join qf than virgin, even as an SO you will be getting more than a VB FO after you add all your allowances together,

Just enjoy what ever you are doing it, i have lived all over the place, some major dives, and if you kept worrying about getting into the nice shinny airliners you would hate the place, I found the best thing to do is work hard at doing your current job better than anyone else has ever done, by doing this you will impress people you meet and progression will be faster. and if you actually take a bit of pride in your current job you will possibly enjoy it, I know i have had fun in all my positions, and for that reason i am not in a rush to join the airlines, i will get there soon enough but i am enjoying what i am doing now so why be in a rush, Haste makes waist.

have fun

duke ( of whatever )