PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2019, 22:18
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plikee
Yep, again the DH might happen in your 5 working days and lately that has been the case but if you out of base from a place with not so good connections then you might only be able to DH back on you day 1 off. You won't lose your days off for a flying duty including the ones out of the active week. If they roster you for that, just ask them politely to remove it and they will, don't have any choice really. The only time you only have 3 days off and work 6 days is during your simulator week, twice a year.
Fully agree. What always nerves me that you need to push them to follow the "rules". They know it, so do not put it in my roster. I simply do not want to deal with the "mothership" to be honest. Same goes with that 6/3. Like I do the sim for fun and they do not need me current back on the line. As a "thank you"(for paying your own hotel during sim check, as well on RYR contract) you may work 6 days and have only 3 off.

Another fantastic trend I discovered(at least it happened to me a few times) - they do not reach you on your off days(because they want you to fly) and I never answer company calls IN my off days sometimes they just decide to put a WOFF(working day off) in my roster. If I don't like it I have to start to deal with them. Again - I do not like to deal with people that do not give a s*** about what I need. Might it be operational(asking for a re-route that for sure would work but they prefer the cheaper route with a slot delay or a CI100 FPL and at best they decide to ignore that annoying stupid captain that simply should fly his tiny plane and should not bother dealing with the mothership) or any other requests that are out of the CLA.

All a big game here and I am tired of playing it.