PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejoiner from PAS? You need to read this!
Old 9th Jun 2019, 16:50
Myra Leese

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Rejoiner from PAS? You need to read this!

If you have rejoined the Service post 1 April 2017 and your previous service was as a Professional Aviator, you will have been placed on RRP(F) probably Tier 2 rate 4, the maximum anyone was allowed to start on. However, a good read of JSP 754(if that’s possible) section 4 shows that PAS officer aircrew returning to the career stream will have their time spent on PAS added to their counter to ensure the correct rate of RRP is paid. This is done by a calculation by DBS and in my case was 3 years so I expected to jump straight to rate 7, anyone else think this? I know I am not alone as there are apparently several cases in front of the Single Service Pay Colonel but progress there is glacial and I have yet to have an explanation as to why my understanding is incorrect.

It it would be useful to know how many of us are affected by this, the potential underpayment is in the thousands over the 3 years it takes to reach rate 7. Don’t just take my word for it, read the DIN and JSP 754 and make your own mind up. PMs fine if you don’t want to acknowledge publicly.