PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Concorde thread (Don't start a separate one!)
Old 31st Oct 2003, 21:51
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched the arrival of G-BOAC at Manch this morning. Realising they were on 06, I cycled the few miles from home to adjacent 06R, near the Bollin Valley. There's an embankment there by a footpath that overlooks the entire airfield. She came on frequency using Concorce AC call sign. We got a splendid view of the entire approach, though her touch down was past where we were standing, it was all in view. Very dissapointed in no go-around - but they landed her on 06L, and quite a queue of departures had built up. If they'd landed her on 06R, maybe she could have done a low approach and go-around, right turnout, and re-position for a 06L (or R) touchdown without holding up the outbounds any more than she did with her simple landing today.

Anyone know what they are going to do with her in the immediate future? I heard rumours that they are going to remove the engines. Why? They are no good for anything else.

SSD