PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the UK for IAA issued EASA FCL Licenses
Old 6th Jun 2019, 13:01
ShamrockF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pricey95
I have received authorisation to sit my Initial Class 1 medical exam whenever I like (If anyone can recommend an AME in the UK that is rated for IAA C1 Initial's please do get in touch! Otherwise I have to wait months just to get an appointment in Dublin!).
Have you tried Charter Medical in Dublin? I only had to wait a couple weeks for mine. You could also call Dr. Killeen in the Mountjoy Family Practice; he's the same doctor Charter use.

My question/s is as long as I complete my training at an EASA Approved Training Organisation, can I complete my training in the UK? If so, what kind of things would I need to travel back to Ireland for? (My current thinking is things such as Theoretical Exams and RT Exams? Or would I be able to sit these in the UK?
Yes you can complete your training in an EASA ATO in the UK. There's nothing I can think of you'd need to travel back for. Once you sit all 14 exams in the UK you'll be accepted.

The IAA tests for RT during the PPL skills test. You don't sit a separate exam. You might need to enquire how to go about this.

Also, if anyone knows, would I need an IAA approved examiner for my practical flight tests for each license or are some of these already based in the UK?
No, an EASA examiner will be fine. Just make sure you notifty the IAA of the skills test. They'll give you the procedure. There are schools across Europe who test under the IAA system using their national CAA examiners.

Finally, give Margaret a call in the IAA licensing department. She's best to contact by phone and is very helpful with any queries you might have.