PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf syd-jnb 7700?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2019, 07:09
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
Thats it mate, couldn't agree more. God knows all those guys operating safely in Europe and the US with nothing like the severe weather and terrain we have here, just don't cut the mustard compared to the elite aviators we build locally, able to bicker and sternly lecture each other at a moments notice about in no way irrelevant tripe such as the precise wording of the regs in relation to the appropriate moment to squawk emergency in a medical.

Can you believe some of these guys operating overseas don't even know how many rivets their plane has? Talk about a ticking timebomb of ignorance.
What a numbnut you are. I’m not talking about knowing how many f**king rivets the aircraft has! I’m talking about pilots who don’t even know the requirements for descent below MSA in IMC or Night. Basic **** which people get called Austronauts for but will keep you alive . I have had pilots overseas tell me that it’s “fine, don’t worry about it, I know we’re over water” 😐.

I still don’t see what is wrong with having a thorough understanding of the rules and having a thorough knowledge of your aircraft to be able to operate it efficiently.