PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the UK for IAA issued EASA FCL Licenses
Old 4th Jun 2019, 21:21
Pricey95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training in the UK for IAA issued EASA FCL Licenses

Good Evening Everyone,

Firstly, I profusely apologise if this question/s are blindingly obvious to others and I hope others have trained this way before and are able to provide me with advice. Before I begin, allow me to provide some background and context. I am just about to embark on my flight training journey towards (hopefully) the fATPL. I have recently changed my SOLI to the Irish Aviation Authority due to medical hiccups with the CAA (I am based in the UK). I have received authorisation to sit my Initial Class 1 medical exam whenever I like (If anyone can recommend an AME in the UK that is rated for IAA C1 Initial's please do get in touch! Otherwise I have to wait months just to get an appointment in Dublin!).

My question/s is as long as I complete my training at an EASA Approved Training Organisation, can I complete my training in the UK? If so, what kind of things would I need to travel back to Ireland for? (My current thinking is things such as Theoretical Exams and RT Exams? Or would I be able to sit these in the UK? Also, if anyone knows, would I need an IAA approved examiner for my practical flight tests for each license or are some of these already based in the UK?

I have queried most of this to the IAA but correspondence isn't instantaneous and I'm rather excited and impatient as a result.

Again,
Apologies if some of this is glaringly obvious and I have missed all of this. If anyone could help and provide some advice I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you.