PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet shift pattern
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2003, 17:08
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mjenkinsblackdog

If previous talks with the company are like last time.
????.....the previous talks are the last ones!

I guess you mean if the current talks are like the last ones.

Every pilot would like everything we want, TODAY...or preferably YESTERDAY. It isn't going to happen like that - anywhere.

So each year, little by little, you move towards your goal. Therefore many of the same topics will come up for re-examination each year.

Balpa members were sold down the river last time.
You know what was on offer before Balpa got involved. Are you saying you would have been happy with that?

Why should we pay for food?
We shouldn't.

Why wasnt rostering sorted .No excuses please its like an old HMV record played at 33.3!
Improvements were tried. Some worked, some failed. Other improvements are being brougt in. They might work. If nothing is tried - nothing will change. Which would you rather?

If you have the answer to the problems, please let everyone know what it is and I'm sure it will be implemented straight away!

Why wasnt real staff travel implimented?
Because the CEO didn't want it! We can't enforce it, much as we would like to. It will be discussed again. Maybe there will be movement. If we don't talk about it - nothing will ever change.

What about increased pension contribution by the company?
+PHI and shares
All on the table this year. If you were in Balpa, you would already know that!!!

I know your intention is good , but prove it!
Thank you. If you let me try, I will!

Why is the ex Chairman of the Pc trying to get a management job and sue the company.Its laughable!
Ask him, not me.

Oh yes but we need more Balpa members etc .Its wearing a bit thin
Can you deny that a higher membership would strengthen our hand and help towards getting many of the things on your list?

How many, of the above list you quoted, are YOU in a position to TRY and do something about - NONE!

When is YOUR next meeting with the management to discuss your issues of concern?

Will you publish the minutes and results of your meetings?

I am calling a halt to my contribution to this thread, but don't accuse me of sidestepping the questions.

I will happily carry on discussing any of these matters on the company forum, as issues are becoming very specific and individuals are being brought into the debate.