PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DA40 night over water
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2019, 06:55
machtuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mostlytossas
Have we become a nation of wimps? How do you think our fore fathers got on? Flying single engine aircraft in wartime over the coast not only risking a ditching due to engine trouble but engaging enemy aircraft with the good chance of being shot down as well. Post war single engine air ambulances flew all weather in the outback and inner country areas. The list goes on.... Fast forward to present day and some of you are horrified with the thought of flying over a bit of water relatively close to land or even at night in VMC in a single engine aircraft! I mean really take up knitting if you want to be 100% safe. I trust these same people wouldn't drive on country roads at night with no street lighting with wildlife lurking to attack the unsuspecting. And as for motorcycles don't even go there. Far too risky for you.
Stick to walking or train travel only and be happy in your own little world that you are safe. But leave the rest of us to get on with life and what we enjoy without people like you calling for CASA or new rules stopping us. There are plenty of rules already ( some say more than enough) to keep things as safe as reasonably can be expected. Nothing in life is without some risk. Going on about this sort of nonsense will just cause more angst until GA finally gets shut down by the aviation ignorant.

ACMS I think he's feeling a a little butt hurt, are we? Talk about going off the rails there! War time? If I recall they had no choice WE have!
Relax take a bex and lie down, it's all about personal risk/choice