PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice from JET 2 pilots please
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 13:55
Byrne11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GE115b
I appreciate why you want to move back to BFS and Jet2 sounds like a nice little number too.

However, few points worth thinking about!

Jet2 is a bucket and spade company. Most holiday companies don’t do too well during down turns and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. I remember people at Jet2 were put on to 75% contracts and worse during the last recession. I would also say the outlying bases at Jet2 would be more ripe for the cull in such a scenario. Something worth thinking about.

If you are desperate to get back to BFS, why not look at EZY? Much more established at BFS and a much more secure company. It might cost you more to go to EZY, but I think it would pay off in the long run.
I fly a Boeing being the largest issue with EZY. Followed by it would take a very long time to get command in BFS, probably having to go to Gatwick for a few years. I’d rather avoid that. Up North, is similar enough to Northern Ireland. I wouldn’t say I’m desperate to get back to BFS, but long term going where I’ll be going into my 30s, I’d like some safety to return home knowing the base isn’t closing, and it’ll be an over night thing.