PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD may destroy Mull of Kintyre Chinook crash records
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 11:27
SASless

Received 511 Likes on 213 Posts
I have watched the discussions of this tragedy over the years and have developed a very jaundiced view of how the RAF, MoD, Civil Authorities, Courts, and Parliament (shall we say "officialdom") have acquitted themselves in that time.

It was because of the outcry by many that the two Pilot's had their name cleared.

The most probable cause of the crash has not been properly evaluated and put to paper YET.

We see a thread called "Who speaks for the dead?" and no one challenges it being here or when the Nimrod Crash gets brought up....again no one complains.

The RAF Senior Staff and others within Government have not conducted themselves in the manner one would think they should....and that should not be tolerated.

I submit that as opposed to "dragging the crew's names into this yet again"....keeping the records intact and the incomplete investigation in the public eye is actually honoring the Crew and the Passengers killed in the crash.

Personally, I think we owe the dead that respect as they paid a terrible price along with their loved ones who were left behind.

Some very serious fingers need pointing at those who have frustrated laying out all of issues that were factors in the crash and they should not be allowed to walk away unscathed over this.

I honestly believe that if it had been me that came to rest on those rocks.....be I at fault or not.....that the truth was determined as best possible so that others might not wind up as I did.

All those people died in the service of the Realm.....and they deserve a legitimate investigation into how and why that happened with blame assessed where blame is deserved.

Sadly, had those in senior positions not devoted their efforts to deflecting blame and instead sought the honest by God truth....we would all be better served including those lost that day.