PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 10:26
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alpha,
We will have to agree to disagree on interpretations as to what ICAO docs. and SARPs are, in practice, particularly as Australian legislation more or less requires us to follow ICAO ( the less being the rather silly number of differences) .

And, as we know, CASA in particular, when it suits them, use ICAO compliance as an excuse/crutch.

No, I can't, off the top of my head, give you reading references to separation assurance standards, but we spent enough time talking about it during the NAS period. Airservices collision risk probabilities amount to the same thing.

As to you question, the answer is yes, including long before I even thought about an airline job ( and add UK and most of western Europe), and throughout my airline times.

Indeed, in early days, returning to AU, the stultifying rigidity of Australian aviation came as a surprise, and flying in the UK and US from time to time over many years was always a very pleasant experience..

Of all the people I know, who have had a "flying" holiday or some such in the the US, not one single one has compared it unfavorably to AU, or compared the FAA unfavorably to CASA, and usually very enthusiastically and volubly quite the reverse.

Tootle pip!!

PS: My FAA CPL/Multi/Land/Instrument etc is a real one, (nice little plastic credit card size in the current iteration) not something issued against a "foreign" license.
PS2 I am certain your words will be music to Bloggsie's ears --even if he is tone deaf.
PS3 My "heavy" time in US and elsewhere is not confined to AU based airlines.

Last edited by LeadSled; 3rd Jun 2019 at 16:44. Reason: PS2 and 3 added.