PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD may destroy Mull of Kintyre Chinook crash records
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 22:46
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by jayteeto
We did this for years and years. The armchair investigators have started after a few posts. Moderators, do we really have to do this over and over again? It’s only a matter of time before we get onto secret homing beacons.
YOU may think it was CFIT/FADEC/SECRET HOMERS or even ALIENS. But you don’t know because you weren’t there, you have no proof and you’re dragging the reputation of the crew back into the public forum.

please!! It’s the anniversary. Let us remember our people in peace without this circus starting again.

RIP guys, it was an honour to serve with you
1. It was RAF VSOs that dragged the reputation of the crew into disrepute, never mind the public forum.

2. It was the "armchair investigators" that produced evidence of the illegal RTS to Lord Philip that at last obliged HMG to set aside the Reviewing Officers' Finding of pilot Gross Negligence.

3. That the MOD and RAF VSOs still quibble with SoS Fox's statement is a comment on them, not on the reputations of the pilots which have been fully restored in any fair minded analysis.

4. Read the OP. 25 of those deceased were pax. Their families deserve better than the muttered blame game still being put about by the apologists.

5. No, I wasn't there and I wouldn't want anyone to be there again either. That is why I support the campaign to reform UK Military Air Regulation and Accident Investigation.

6. Read the OP. There is a quote from the son of one of the deceased that condemns the treatment that his mother received from the MOD. Do you want the mods to shut that off as well?

7. If this tragedy hadn't been mishandled from the word go, others might have lived instead of dying in subsequent airworthiness related fatal air accidents.

8. I know how painful it is to lose friends and colleagues in air accidents. You want the rest of the world to butt out and leave you in peace. That is how I remember feeling too. I was wrong. That tragedy had to be properly investigated and lessons learned. It was and they were. Mull deserves no less.