PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Direct Entry FO long haul
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 20:07
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Solenoid
I don’t really understand how there is people in here trying to convince the rest that 4000€ Flying for a legacy carrier on a long haul plane is good money.

Because of this people, conditions in Europe just went down and will keep doing so, that shows how much they value themselves I suppose......
I think is the market situation which create this situation. Of course some pilots as well accepting flying long haul for 5000 nets. For example NORWEGIAN long haul and Air Europa as well. And because lot of people from Middle East doesn’t want to continue breathing “dusk” the have the Type on a big bird and some money and want to live back in Europe.
in Spain the problem is that is a nice country to live with high quality of life and unfourtunetly lot of Spanish are far away and wants to come.
Is not Iberia, is just the fuel prices, and competitor LCC that makes Legacy careers unprofitable. Look Lufthansa results they lost hundred of millions. So if Iberia for example put a salary of let say 7000 nets, the company would go to bankrupt.
I think that is the key. We all are guilty because we accept ****ty conditions, from LCC careers pilot till Iberia pilots. That is the ****ty aviation we have now and Spain.