PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA examiner overseas for Ground component of IPC
Old 25th May 2019, 14:03
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galdian
Just like to clarify terminology with VH DSJ - are we talking countries or (CASA) approved training organisations within countries?

If you're flying for an airline based in one of the countries he mentioned does an IPC SIM component of C&T conducted by that airline - under their local rules - satisfy CASA?

My understanding is CASA do not accept individual airline SIM checks - only accepts:
- SIM check by a CASA approved training organisation within a country;
- oral check by a CASA certified checker.
The two can be obtained independently.

Just asking for clarification as one would expect these questions will only increase as more "skygods from the antipodes" venture out to educate the great aviation unwashed!

Settle, settle...only joking!

Cheers.
Fair question. I did mine as a part of the cyclic program at my foreign airline. The foreign examiner still had to tick the boxes on the CASA Proficiency Check forms Form 61-1512. I pre-warned my simulator checkie at my foreign airline that I wanted to do my CASA IPC as well and explained to him what was involved. He was happy to tick the boxes on the CASA forms, since what was covered for our cyclic program in the USA was pretty much the same as the CASA IPC requirements anyway.

CASA also required a copy of the foreign checkie's license and his FAA check and training approval and the sim center also needed to provide the simulator's qualification certificate. Once you've obtained all the paper work, you then hand that over to the CASA ATO when you do your oral assessment back in Australia and he/she then does the rest.

As you can imagine, it's a lot of paper work to deal with, but it all came through ok in the end. The alternative to all this would have been more expensive and time consuming IMO, so it's well worth the effort.