PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA examiner overseas for Ground component of IPC
Old 25th May 2019, 08:19
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawk Circle
Are you saying that the flying portion does not need to be done by the CASA ATO/Examiner...who signs your Licence? Any reference to where I can find this written for further review and understanding
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. If you're doing an IPC in a foreign country, that may count for an IPC on your CASA license as well. The CASA ATO (or whatever they're called now) who does the oral component of the IPC completes the paper work and signs you off. It doesn't apply to all countries though, such as Indonesia, which CASA probably sees as dodgy and you'll need to come back to Australia do to the whole thing. It only applies if you're flying in the following countries; Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, United States of America and the following EASA member States: i. Belgium ii. Czech Republic iii. Denmark iv. Finland v. France vi. Germany vii. Ireland viii. Italy ix. Netherlands x. Norway xi. Portugal xii. Spain xiii. Sweden xiv. Switzerland xv. United Kingdom

Here's the form from the CASA website.