PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 02:48
Reversethrustset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboy146
I haven't come across a single airline where the crew doesn't complain about it. It's what each individual makes of it, but if 1 day off in 9 is true, that is brutal.
I have never, ever been rostered 1 day off in 9, that would assume a 4 on, 1 off, 4 on or something reasonably similar. I've had the odd 4/1/3 but that was quite rare, however, they are beyond desperate for crew so if there is the odd 4/1/4 then that is brutal but the good thing is they have a pretty robust scheduling agreement so you'll still get your required days off in a calendar month, you can also report a fatigue roster once issued. The rostering and crewing department are in a fight, you couldn't pay me enough to do their job, they get a bad press from the crew but look at it from their perspective, once next month's jigsaw has been built there are still so many missing pieces. I've not long left Flybe, trust me it isn't all bad and I hear exactly the same gripes at my new company as I did at Flybe. As the ol' saying goes, most airlines are the same, it's just the ****'s a different colour. (Disclaimer alert, I don't mean my new company is ****, I love it)
The only thing I will say is that the company and management forced me to leave a job I enjoyed, I have zero respect for the senior management, they have screwed the workforce over and forced many great people to leave. The job was great, the people were greater, but a litany of miss management has put it where it is today. Go in with your eyes open, embrace all that is good, but you are and always will be an expendable asset.