PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Drone rumours
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:55
Training Risky

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by heights good
Skin in the game - Thats relative, it is difficult to perceive a scenario on the Chinook fleet where you could inadvertently kill innocents in glorious technicolour with 500 witnesses for the War Crime tribunal!

Regarding fatigue, constant night flying whilst trying to maintain a family life, working most weekends and 100% Op flying for 3 yrs more than takes it's toll, and then some.
With these two comments, I will retire from this debate. I'll leave it to others to explain better than me why 'being there' and aircrew fatigue are not and never will be relative, it's binary. Piloting an aircraft that if mishandled could crash into an orphanage is just not the same as operating one remotely which then crashes into same orphanage because the link failed. No matter how good you are at multitasking on mirc chat.

Originally Posted by heights good

Worryingly, PW4 is not cleared on RPAS, see my paragraph LEGADs
That's my bad entirely, I meant PW4 and Brimstone from GR4 and Hellfire from Reaper, monitoring PID/POL via Reaper. No plans to travel north of Watford ever again...thanks for the offer though. Not having a go at the aircraft or the operators either, vital capability.

Last edited by Training Risky; 22nd May 2019 at 08:59. Reason: spooling