PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't do it!!!
Thread: Don't do it!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2003, 20:56
Raingauge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Aztrucker and HA for writing my thoughts perhaps better than I was able.
Story time!!!
I once had a CP who hated QF based on the fact that he didn't have Year 12 behind him. He had over 4500hours, a crap load on turbines and so on....but he never got an interview. To me the solution was simple, do year 12....even by correspondance if he wanted to and then he'd be a shoe in for an interview, no worries. To cut this long and possibly boring story short, he never did, and I think ended up quiting flying and probably still hates QF. At the end of the day he didn't have their minimun requirements so even though he thought he deserved an interview is it any suprise he never got one???....he didn't even have THEIR minimum requirements and my attitude then is the same as it is now. If you don't have the minimum requirements for an interview get of your ar$e and get them.

If airlines are going to start to require endorsements I can do two things, and that is to tell them to shove it and stay in piston land for the rest of my life, or I can make an investment into my future and reach some goals that I've set for myself.

Duke of Whatever.....I've never paid for ICUS and don't think much of pilots that do. I think there is an obviouse difference in people who do that compaired to people just trying to get the minimum requirements for an interview. (I'm not aware of any GA companies that require x amount of ICUS before they give you an interview). I've been in GA for a few years aswell, and trust me, I ain't jumping any cues.

I don't actually agree that they should be asking for you to get an endo before you start (ahh shock horror...) I'm just trying to make the point that if I've spent $50,000 odd in training and currency, lived in a place for a few years that isn't shall I say my "choice" of residence, been paid an average wage (and yes I DO get paid the award.....I just think it's average thats all), and all the rest of it, why should I stop short of going all the way by digging my heals in now and make myself unemployable by these new airlines?.

PHF....What you do with big shiny jets in your business I Just plan on flying them.