PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't do it!!!
Thread: Don't do it!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2003, 19:59
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't Impulse used to charge for the 1900 endo?

Whats wrong with having to pay for an endorsement? Isn't it laid out in the application? Must be 737 endorsed (like Pacific Blue). So simply if you don't have it you cannot apply. Its not like a gun is being held to your head? Bit like the ATPL's really cost ya well over $5k should this be paid by your employer? Hang on no its a requirement to have before you can get the job.

We've have all done endorsements to help better our career no matter what type its on.

Now if you had to pay once you were employed then yes that would be b*tchen but ya don't!!!. Its an initial requirement to be empoyed, so whats the problem? Very clearly laid out that it is a requirement. So exactly how is this buying a job?

And before you shoot me down. We cover endorsements for guys/gals that we need them to have however if someone just wants an endorsement to help them progress then its a different story. Yes it is a much different scale when it comes to the $ but it is the same principal.

The biggest problem in this game is that everyone seems to think it is the only game. Get out and have a look at many other industries like I have said before. For example:- Journalism, Modelling (believe it or not), Medicine (wow ya think we work long hours) & the list goes on and on and on.

Just my humble opinion...