PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in France with a non-EU PPL
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 15:14
skydler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhieminga
That same declaration also states that "I do not hold a validation issued under European Commission Regulation (EU) 1178/2011, Annex III, granted by the UnitedKingdom or any other Member State of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)." If you were to get a validation from France, you would not be complying with this statement. Also, as you mentioned, a validation from France would only allow you to fly F-registered aircraft.

The bit from IN2017/019 that you have highlighted is applicable, but I think it means that to fly a G-reg beyond UK airspace, you need to take a step beyond the declaration, and go for a validation of your NZ license, which uses SRG2139
Very good point, well caught!

Just took a look at SRG2139 and that is exactly the form I wish I had've submitted, instead of SRG2141/2 which was recommended by my FTO. It actually looks fairly similar in terms of paperwork - the only major difference being my checkride instructor would've needed to attach a PPL skill test report and I'd have to pay the CAA a processing fee of £216 (SRG2141 is/was free).

Sadly won't be worth it as I've only got a couple months left here

Thank you for your input nonetheless.

Originally Posted by Jhieminga
Another option would be to ask around if a UK based instructor would be willing to go along in the right seat. Not quite what you were after, but it would cut down on the paperwork
Might have to be this. Or I'll just stick to British scenery